Many charitable organizations need high quality, impactful photos to tell their stories/appeals, apply for grants, raise funds and increase public awareness but often they cannot afford to do this due to financial constraints or lack of right talent. Mostly, the NGO folks are not professional photographers and hence they click pictures that are either amateur or lacks perspective.
Volunteering for photography is a rewarding way to contribute to a cause you care about and give back to your community in a meaningful manner. The Chinese proverb, "one picture is worth thousand words" certainly holds true as it helps to bring gravity of the events and situation to people's attention. As a photo-volunteer you can help a charity with the vital role of engaging supporters and mobilize resources. Your time and talent can benefit many underprivileged while giving you valuable experience.
About the volunteering program
The communications team at CAF India is looking for volunteers across PAN India to help click photos for our credible NGO network. The images that you capture will be used online as well as NGO and CAF India's publications. We want to involve volunteers meaningfully in what we and our NGO's do and utilize their skills, ideas, approaches and enthusiasm for social good. Your work will be used to help document the charitable work of the development sector.
- CAF India will conduct 2 hours orientation once we have at-least 5 registered volunteers. For outstation volunteers we can do this through skype
- During this session we will help the volunteers understand the requirements of this sector such as what to capture, how to capture as well as dos and don'ts.
- We will share list of our NGO partners across country and you can select the cause and NGO of your choice. As a volunteer you will get the opportunity and permission through CAF to visit the NGO of your choice and experience the development sector work closely.
- Volunteers are required to complete their given assignment in 3-6 months' time after registering.
- This will be unpaid assignment however in exceptional cases for outstation assignments CAF can cover the cost of travel by cheapest mode.
- CAF will acknowledges volunteers through photo credits on all CAF India publication and platforms and will also provide certificate of participation
- As a volunteer you will report to HOD Communications & Marketing
What you gain?
- Be a part of a busy communications team
- Capture in-action photos and help set up a picture library and organize images for NGO of your choice
- Assist with selecting images for use in newsletters, magazine and online
- Draft photography brief
- Assist with case study gathering for use in media and marketing
- Undertake photographic assignments (during events )
- Processing images using photo editing tools
Terms & conditions:
- Must have own camera and equipment.
- Age requirement: Must be at least 21 years old
- You must provide CAF India the CDs of your images as agreed at the start of the assignment
- You need to have consent/permission from both the NGO and beneficiary to be photographed and hence Permission & Waiver form will be provided to you. This should be submitted to CAF India before you start your photography.
- You will have a lot of freedom with your photography; however, the program lead will work directly with each Photographer to assign scope of work.
- Be committed to our equal opportunities policy and uphold it in all that you do inside and outside our organization
- Bear in mind that you represent us, make sure you think about what you say when you deal with outside agencies; and treat staff, our resources and other volunteers with respect.
- Should be sensitive towards all genders. We will provide you specific guidelines to comply with gender sensitivity especially in-case of photographing women and children.